Monday, November 19, 2012

We all have a choice....

We all make choices in our lives.  Not everyone agrees with our choices, but they are just that - OUR CHOICES.  Most people don't put so much of their business out there, which I have learned is the smarter way of doing!  It really is no one else's business and I'm not asking for your input.  I'm going to put a lot less of myself out there b/c I really don't want to hear so much back from others on what they think...Ultimately it's my life, my family and my choice.  If we're good with it, that's all that matters at the end of the day.

My favorite is sitting thinking about my mom and sister and how they are reacting to Brad in my life.  My sister has not been accepting since day one.  Funny too though when I think back on my relationship with Victor and she was not accepting of that one either.  Even before they knew ANYTHING on Brad - Helen had her mind made up about him.  Her loss...cut me out of your life and I'll keep on keepin' on.  To cut people out of your life because you don't like the decisions they are making, just doesn't seem right to me.  It's like your love for me is based on who I'm with.  If I'm with Brad, then I'm out.  I saw that this morning in my conversation with my Mom.  She said she hoped Tanner and I would be there for Christmas.  I said well, I guess it depends on if you all choose to accept Brad in my life or not.  Mom said she didn't know what would happen.  Well, if that's how you want to be that's the way it is...I can't make them accept my decision and accept Brad.  It's just the way it is.

unconditional
— adj
1.without conditions or limitations;

Jeff's niece has been cut out too b/c of her boyfriend (maybe husband now?).  We've not always been fond of Jeff, we've not always been fond of Jack, they were not always fond of Chad.  No one is fully accepting of another's spouse. that is why they are not OURS, but rather THEIRS.  Brad is my choice, he's my partner in crime, my best friend.  NOT YOURS...I'm not asking you to say I love you or hug him, but you can certainly be nice and friendly!  That doesn't kill anyone.  It's also funny that people are talking about his drinking.  Really?  Jack drinks hard liquor (straight) on a daily basis, Helen drinks a lot and gets to the point of black out.  Mom has made comment of concern for her drinking.  Mom drinks now and gets tipsy herself.  Helen and I both got that alcoholic gene from the Taylor side!  I'm the one who's not judging Brad as I too have been there and drank way too much and made a fool out of myself!  People need to stop judging, you have no idea what it is like to walk in another's shoes.

“I define myself by helping others. This is what I do.
Those people who want me to abandon my husband are asking me to put myself first and to judge him. The poor man has been judged unfairly by others. Why would I abandon him in his greatest need?” 
― Deirdre-Elizabeth ParkerThe Fugitive's Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment